eeeek!

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I love my album.


I love my album.


I love my album.


I can’t wait to play it.

I don’t want to jinx the project in its final weeks, but the way this album has come together has been cosmic. The difference between my first album and this one is huge. The fact that we’ve been playing these songs live for over a year has helped lock down the foundation. The fact that Peter has been recording his own stuff for years helps in organization and efficiency.
Everyday I walk down the steps into the basement studio, and everyday I am in awe of the sounds coming together in every song. How can music come together as I’ve always heard it, but never known the exact recipe? The strings, the harmonies, the fuzzed out guitars, the gang vocals……..eeek. I’m so happy to take advantage of Peter’s genius. It makes me feel extra smart.
I had to get glasses for reading. That makes me feel extra extra smart.

Count Zero had rehearsal the other day in the basement so I took advantage of the Man Power, with reinforcements from Ad Frank, and had them sing on ‘Man Child’. Izzy asked what their choir name was going to be, I think I’m dubbing them the Man Choir. Or the Man Chorale, maybe.

Thanks to everyone that responded to my email/bulletin about photographers, etc. Matty and I are looking things over and figuring out what will work out for us. It is so very awesome to have people want to help. I am honored.

In the coming weeks, Matt and I will be looking for a third assassin to join the band. Our dream person plays bass and keys. Our dream person can sample sounds on their keyboard, and play texture stuff. Our dream person would be willing to travel. If you know of someone, let me know.

Matt and I are also figuring out scenes and setups for the photo shoots, etc. If you have any images that come to mind when you listen to our music, please let us know. If you have any images that conjure up with thinking about the name Self-Employed Assassins, please let us know.

I re-read Jitterbug Perfume (one off my favorites) by Tom Robbins. It’s amazing how much that book affected my life and I didn’t even realize it.
I read Diving Bell and the Butterfly. It was good, but not as magnificent as Julian Schnabel’s movie.
I’m painting again. I doubt it’s any good, but it’s nice to be doing it.
I’m watching my life’s savings slowly drain, and am getting nervous. But I no longer doubt if it should be done. There’s nothing I’d rather do with this money.

I came to the realization that the only way I could ever stop wanting to pursue music as my lifeblood, was if I could host a travel show.
My parents would like someone to offer me a travel show.
Actually, they probably don’t.
But check back in a year. Then they probably will.

xoxxoxxo
~sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home