memories of food

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm back from Franceland and trying to remember and care that I've spent the past 9 months of my life recording an album that is supposed to be very important to me. It's finished, just needs mastering and artwork. I think it sounds great, and I'm really very happy with the way it came out. So happy in fact, I can completely remove myself from the whole equation and think 'oh, this is a good record. I hope they come here and tour', conveniently letting the responsibilities and imminent workload slip from my brain. My brain, once ambitious and artistic, now craves fresh cheeses, baguettes wrapped in wax paper bags tucked under arms, produce unlike any I've ever seen or tasted, duck confit with frites, Presidente butter, and cheap(er) Sancerres. If I was allowed to do nothing but eat food from France everyday, I would be so happy. And I don't mean just French cuisine. I mean Indian from France, Vietnamese from France, street food from France, everything from France.

Food makes me so fucking happy. Why work when you can eat so deliciously? And the thing is, they know that and only work 35 hours a week.

So, yeah. Now I have to do this album. My thighs will be happy, but my heart will be thinking of things more edible.

I still have no artwork. Oh, this pains me. I'm having such blockage on the matter.

Ok, stop whining.

In other news, I recently and reluctantly purchased the MGMT album. I have had no interest in this band since the first moment I saw their picture and read reviews. Did not sound special or unique in the least. But then I heard 'Time to Pretend', and saw the video for it, and quite frankly, it was the most futuristic sound I've heard in so long. For the first time I heard the voice of the generation just behind mine, and it was so moving. I love their album. I listen to it a lot.

Also bought 'Clare and Reasons'. Very cute, smart songs, that are beautifully arranged.

I re-watched American Beauty and cried like I did the first time. Such a masterpiece. It made me play the piano for a little bit. Until I stopped to eat cookies.

ok. I'm off to find some ambition somewhere, and the rock where my artwork lives.

More blah-ging later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home